Paleo Pumpkin Bread
⅔ cup almond flour
4 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp The Spice Hunter cinnamon
PUMPKIN BREAD4 eggs
¾ cup pumpkin purée
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp The Spice Hunter vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp The Spice Hunter cinnamon
1 tsp The Spice Hunter pumpkin pie spice
pinch The Spice Hunter nutmeg
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper that overhangs on the sides.
Make streusel topping first. Add all streusel ingredients to a bowl. Use fork or fingers to work butter into dry ingredients, making a crumbly mixture. Place streusel topping in fridge while you make the bread.
To make the bread, add eggs, pumpkin purée, molasses, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then, add in remaining bread ingredients. Stir to combine.
Pour bread batter into lined pan. Take streusel topping out of fridge. Sprinkle streusel topping onto bread.
Then, lightly place a piece of aluminum foil over top of bread pan.
Bake for 40 to 42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool for an hour before slicing and serving.
- I recommend using an 8 inch by 4 inch bread pan instead of a 9×5.
- This bread can be made with or without the streusel topping. The bread won’t be very tall without the topping though.
- Cut butter into small cubes and work with fingers or fork to incorporate butter into streusel topping ingredients.
- Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, substitute the same amount of cinnamon.
- Lightly sprinkle streusel topping onto bread before baking.
- Bake with a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the bread pan. This prevents the topping from burning.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- This bread may sink a little in the middle due to the streusel topping. This is normal and the bread still tastes great!
- Allow bread to cool for about an hour before slicing and serving. It is soft.
courtesy of Organically Addison