2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 shallot, chopped
8 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
2 stalks of celery, sliced
2 small zucchini, halved and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Italian Seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
½ lb. small shells or ditalini pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté carrots, shallot, green beans and celery for ten minutes.
2. Add zucchini, Italian seasoning and garlic, sauté for about 4 more minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and garbanzo beans, stir.
4. Add broth, bring soup to a simmer; cook until vegetables are tender.
5. While soup is simmering, cook pasta to ‘al dente’ according to package directions.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the soup, stir to combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garnish with parsley, serve.
Can substitute nearly any bean for the garbanzos.
Use any fresh seasonal vegetable that you have on hand.
Make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth.