Crostini with Brie and Bourbon Bacon Jam
1 lb. bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup bourbon
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Smoked Paprika
½ lb. brie cheese
1-2 baguettes, sliced
1. Cook bacon in a medium skillet until done and on the verge of crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
2. Pour off fat from skillet, then add onion and garlic to the pan, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer onion mixture to a medium sauce pan; add cooked bacon, brown sugar, vinegar, maple syrup, bourbon and smoked paprika.
4. Simmer over low heat for 60-90 minutes, stirring every so often. Jam is ready when liquid has evaporated and jam has a thick consistency.
5. Jam can be refrigerated at this point; reheat in microwave for a few seconds before use.
6. Toast baguette slices in the toaster, in an oven, or on a barbecue grill. Add a small amount of brie to the crostini, top with a spoonful of bacon jam, serve.